Hydrocellular Adhesive Sacrum Dressing ALLEVYN Plus Adhesive Sacrum has been designed for a superior anatomical fit on the sacral area to provide enhanced pressure sore management combined with the proven benefits of ALLEVYN Plus Adhesive.
- Shaped to fit sacral area
- Low allergy adhesive
- Tapered construction and micro-thin edges
- Unique trilaminate construction
- Perforated wound contact layer
- Highly absorbent central hydrocellular layer
- Waterproof outer film layer
Convenient Adhesive Presentation
The wound contact layer of ALLEVYN Plus Adhesive Sacrum is coated with a low allergy adhesive which is designed to adhere well to intact skin, but not to wounds. The adhesive has a proven low risk of skin irritation.
- In-vitro studies and clinical experience both demonstrate that ALLEVYN Plus Adhesive Sacrum dressings can stay in place for up to five days. This capacity results from a combination of properties
- The perforated wound contact layer allows even viscous exudate to pass into the dressing.
- The hydrocellular core of the dressing absorbs and holds liquid in its microscopic structure.
- The breathable outer surface of the dressing allows excess moisture to evaporate away from the dressing.
- The result is the formation of a wound environment, which allows wound closure to progress without the need for frequent dressing changes.
Moist Wound Environment
ALLEVYN Plus Adhesive Sacrum helps create and maintain a moist wound healing environment at the wound surface.
Profiled Dressing Edges
ALLEVYN Plus Adhesive Sacrum has a profiled cross-section, narrowing to micro-thin edges which ensure the dressing remains securely in place and prevents accidental removal by friction between the dressing and clothes and bedding.
The unique anatomical design is able to conform to the sacral area moulding into the anal cleft, providing secure management of pressure sor