Robitussin Chesty Cough Medicine contains the active ingredient guaifenesin. This belongs to a group of medicines called cough expectorants that works by changing an unproductive cough to a cough that is more productive and less frequent.
Robitussin Chesty Cough Red 100ML Medicine is used to treat a severe wet and mucus cough. Robitussin full strength chesty cough medicine contains the active ingredient guaifenesin, known as an expectorant which is why Robitussin is the best for cough relief.
Is Robitussin the best for cough relief?
An expectorant such as Robitussin is the best chesty cough medicine. A chesty and mucus cough is most commonly caused by an infection, such as a cold or the flu, and requires the appropriate chesty cough products for treatment.
The infection can lead to an increase in mucus production. Treatment requires an expectorant chesty cough syrup to clear up and loosen the mucus so the body can get rid of it. This will reduce the cough and make it easier to breathe.
Benefits of Robitussin Chesty Cough Red 100ML Medicine:
- Loosens mucous
- Soothes the chest area
- Chesty cough sugar free syrup
- Relieves symptoms of a chesty cough
Adults, the elderly, and children over 12 years: One 10ml measure up to four times daily. Do not exceed the stated dose.
For oral use only. Not suitable for children under 12 years.
Contact your doctor if your cough persists for more than 7 days or if you have any other symptoms which might be related to your cough, for example, fever, rash, persistent headache, or shortness of breath.
Always read the patient information leaflet before using this medicine.
Talk to your doctor before taking this medicine if:
- If you have been told by your doctor that you have an intolerance to some sugars, as it contains sorbitol and maltitol.
- This medicinal product contains 2.7 % v/v alcohol (ethanol) which can be harmful to those suffering from alcoholism and should also be taken into account if you are pregnant or breastfeeding or have liver disease or epilepsy.
- Keep out of sight and reach of children.
- Do not take this medicine if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to guaifenesin or any of the other ingredients of this medicine.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
Offer areaSubscribing Discount - 10 %