Say Goodbye to Discomfort: Effective Thrush Relief Medicines for Fast Relief
Vaginal thrush is a common condition caused by a yeast infection that many people, especially women will experience at some point in their lives. Different factors such as pregnancy, menopause, menstruation, or antibiotics can all contribute to creating the perfect environment for yeast to grow and cause thrush.
Thrush is one of the most common yeast infections, affecting both women and men. It can be easily transmitted from women to men (and vice versa) during sexual relations. However, it does not occur in men very often. It’s typically harmless, but the symptoms can be extremely uncomfortable and come back frequently if not treated.
One of the most effective treatments for thrush includes thrush oral capsules combined withthrush external cream. Canesten Thrush Duo Oral Capsule (which comes with an external cream) is one of the leading treatments for thrush.
To learn about different thrush medications that can give you the fastest relief, keep reading and say goodbye to the discomfort of thrush.
Symptoms of Vaginal Thrush
Vaginal thrush has several tell-tale signs which can include:
- An itchy or burning sensation in your vagina and vulva.
- Vaginal discharge that is thick and has the consistency of cottage cheese.
- Swelling and redness inside the vagina and outside on the vulva.
- A burning feeling when you urinate.
- Pain during sex
Causes of Vaginal Thrush
Vaginal thrush is caused by an overgrowth of the yeast Candida albicans, which may occur due to:
- Recent antibiotic use.
- Oral contraceptive use.
- Menstrual cycle changes.
- Conditions such as iron deficiency, immune system disorders, and diabetes.
- Skin conditions like eczema.
Treatment for Vaginal Thrush
Thrush tablets and topical treatments such as creams are thought to be equally effective. Tablets for thrush are more convenient but they are usually more expensive than most topical treatments. Treatment aims to reduce the amount of yeast in the vagina, so it no longer causes symptoms.
Antifungal Creams and Vaginal Pessaries
Using an antifungal cream or a vaginal pessary for thrush that contains anti-yeast medicines containing fenticonazole, miconazole, econazole, or clotrimazole is the most reliable way of combatting a yeast infection.
If itching outside the vagina (the vulva) continues, use a topical anti-thrush cream such as Canesten Thrush Cream (External) on the skin for a few days.
There are two different thrush treatment tablets available – fluconazole and itraconazole.
Fluconazole is an OTC medication that is taken as a single dose and itraconazole is a prescription medicine that is taken as two doses over the course of one day.
How to Relieve Itching Caused by Thrush
If you have vaginal thrush, you should:
- Avoid wearing tight-fitting, synthetic undergarments. Stick to cotton underwear.
- Wash underwear with perfume-free and mild detergents.
- Avoid using perfumed products on the genitals, such as shower gels and soaps because they can cause further irritation.
- Use a gentle (fragrance-free) emollient moisturiser to protect the skin around the vulva.
- Eat yoghurt with probiotics.
How to Prevent Thrush
To help prevent vaginal thrush:
- Use a mild (fragrance-free) soap.
- Don't use perfumed sprays, antiseptics, or douches on your genitals.
- Don't use perfumed menstrual products (pads) or toilet paper.
- Don't wear synthetic and tight-fitting pants or underwear.
- Use a mild laundry detergent.
For the best treatment and OTC medication for vaginal thrush, you can shop from our website Online4Pharmacy and have the medicine delivered right to your front door, anywhere in London.