Bepanthen Nappy Care Ointment contains Pro Vitamin B5 which gently aids natural recovery of irritated sensitive skin while keeping it soft, smooth and moisturised. Additionally, Bepanthen seals in the skin’s natural moisture, providing optimal conditions to allow gentle skin recovery without drying out your baby’s delicate skin.
Clinically proven, Bepanthen works by forming a long-lasting transparent layer, protecting even the most delicate skin from irritants and rubbing. The water-in-oil formulation keeps the skin healthy and hydrated, while the ingredient Pro Vitamin B5 helps skin repair its natural protective barrier. Bepanthen is so gentle it can be used at every nappy change to help the most sensitive of skins, including that of premature babies as it contains no colours, fragrance, preservatives or anticeptics.
Care Tips for reducing nappy rash:
* Keep it clean - Cleanse your baby’s bottom thoroughly every time you change the nappy. If the area’s really soiled, try dipping your baby’s bottom in a bowl full of warm water with an emollient bath treatment.
* Treat the skin - Bepanthen is formulated to help the natural recovery of skin and forms a long lasting, protective waterproof barrier over the skin, while still providing the moisture needed to promote gentle recovery. You can apply it after each nappy change.
* Be gentle - Baby-wipes are sometimes too harsh for babies with sore and sensitive skin, so try using cotton wool and warm water instead.
* Change the nappy often - It’s vital to stop stale urine being in contact with the delicate skin, so try to change disposable nappies frequently. If you’re using terry nappies, a disposable liner may help protect your baby’s skin
* Clean the area thoroughly - At each nappy change the whole area should be cleaned and allowed to dry completely
* Use a protective ointment - Coat your baby's bottom with a thin layer of protective ointment such as Bepanthen at every nappy chang